Thank you for your interest in starting or reactivating an ACS student chapter at your institution. Grants of $300 will be awarded on a first come, first served basis to institutions that meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Institution must be a two-year college.
- Institution cannot have an active ACS student chapter.
- A faculty advisor must be identified. The faculty advisor can be any faculty member of any rank and must be an ACS member in good standing.
Grant funds must be used for the development of a new ACS student chapter at a two-year college or the reactivation of an inactive chapter at a two-year college. Although new chapters are encouraged to partner with existing chapters, the starter grants cannot be used to support activities of existing chapters.
Completing the application
To complete the application, click on the "Next" button below and enter the requested information. You will be asked for the following:
- Institutional contact information and EIN
- Personal and faculty advisor contact information (for follow-up)
- Institutional student club policy
- Proposed budget
- Proposed timeline
You may find it helpful to print out a copy of the application before you begin. Upon completion of your application, you will receive an email with a copy of the information you provided.
For more information, please contact the ACS Undergraduate Programs Office (firstname.lastname@example.org; 1-800-227-5558, ext. 4565).