Thank you for your interest in serving as a Cabin Leader for the 2021 Project SEED Virtual Summer Camp! Please fill out this application to be considered. Below you can find details about the summer program and Cabin Leader duties.
2021 Project Seed Virtual Summer Camp
June 21 - July 30, 2021
Training (June 9 - 18)
Application Due Date: 30 Apr, 2021
Cabin Leader Duties:
- Complete mentor training and orientation (~6 hours) before the start of the summer program.
- Work with another Cabin Leader to manage 6-10 students.
- Schedule 2-3 virtual meetings with students each week for check-ins and other activities.
- Get to know the students, provide guidance for assignments, serve as the first line of communication for the students.
- Grade and give feedback on student assignments.
- Report any issues to your Camp Manager as needed and maintain clear lines of communication.
- Other responsibilities as they arise.
- Cabin Leaders that complete the camp will receive $2,000.
- Current undergraduate students, recent 2021 college graduates, or graduate students at any stage
- Available during weekdays during the months of June and July for 15-25 hours per week
- Research or technical experience that can help students with technical writing and assignments
- Previous mentoring, outreach, or managing experience
- Demonstrated technical writing abilities
- Passion for mentoring students in the STEM field
Be sure to use the "Save and Return" feature if you don't have time to complete your application immediately.