Feel free to print or otherwise save these instructions for future reference. Note that you can save your progress and come back later to finish by creating a login and password. When returning to this page, be sure to login first to pull up your application with responses so far.
The American Chemical Society (ACS) Project SEED program has now opened its scholarship application for 2022-2023 academic year. Please review the eligibility criteria and application requirements below:
- You must be a high school senior OR college freshman for Fall of 2021 and plan to enroll full-time at an accredited college for Fall 2022.
- You must be a Project SEED Alum (meaning that you started and completed participation in a Project SEED summer program).
- You must plan to pursue a major in a STEM field. Note that first preference is given to those majoring in chemistry-related field (chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, material science, food science, forensic science, etc. A full list can be found on the website).
- Complete the online application below.
- Arrange for two letters of recommendation to be submitted on your behalf to firstname.lastname@example.org. One of the two letters should be from a chemistry teacher, and the second from your Project SEED Mentor or Virtual Summer Camp Cabin Leader or Camp Manager. You will be asked to enter in the name and email address of the letter writer. It's a good idea to notify the letter writers before you enter in their name, so that they expect an email from us with instructions to submit the letter. The deadline to receive the letters is January 31, 2022.
- Submit a copy of your official high school transcript. NOTE: College freshman are still required to submit a high school transcript (it gives reviewers a more complete view of your academic performance since you'll only have one semester of college courses). An official transcript means that your school sends us the transcript directly. Electronic official transcripts are preferred. You can ask your high school guidance counselor to email it to email@example.com or see if your high school uses an online transcript service to send official transcripts to the same email address. If neither of the two options are available, your school can mail an official transcript. If your school gives you the transcript, placed the sealed, unopened transcript into a larger envelope and mail it to:
Project SEED Scholarship Program
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
All transcripts must be received by January 31, 2022!
SELECTION CRITERIA: The selection committee will choose students based on the following
- Academic achievement.
- A strong and clear ability to share your Project SEED experience and future education and career goals. Responses should be complete, thoughtful, well-written, and grammatically correct.
- Strong letters of recommendation that confirm your interest in chemistry, and your strength as a researcher or student.
- Winners will be notified next spring.