The American Chemical Society (ACS) Project SEED is pleased to announce the availability of a one-year, non-renewable college scholarships for the freshman 2020-2021 academic year. Please review the eligibility criteria and application requirements below:
- You must be a high school senior for Fall 2019 and plan to enroll as a freshman full-time for Fall 2020.
- You must be a Project SEED Alum.
- You must plan to pursue a major in a chemistry-related field (chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engienering, material science, food science, forensic science, etc. A full list can be found on the website). Students majoring in nursing, pre-med, or biology will NOT be considered.
- To receive the funding, you agree to take two semesters of chemistry in your freshman year, beginning in the fall of 2020.
- Complete the online appplication below.
- Arrange for two letters of recommendation to be submitted on your behalf to firstname.lastname@example.org. At least one of the two letters should be from a chemistry teacher or your Project SEED Mentor. The deadline to receive the letters is December 31, 2019.
- Submit a copy of your official high school transcript. An official transcript means that your school sends us the transcript directly. This can be sent electronically by asking your high school guidance counselor to email it to email@example.com or by using an online transcript clearinghouse. Alternatively it can be mailed directly from the school, or by sending us the unopened official transcript in a larger envelope to:
Project SEED Scholarship Program
1155 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
All transcripts must be received by December 31, 2019!