Dear Incoming International Student,
The purpose of this form is to assist incoming international students who require a student visa to study in the United States. In order to qualify for a student visa, it is necessary to obtain a Form I-20, also known as a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status, from Phillips Academy. The I-20 form is a crucial document that will be used to complete several important steps, including paying the I-901 SEVIS Fee, filling out a nonimmigrant visa application (Form DS-160), scheduling an interview at a local consulate, and entering the USA in September.
The International Student Coordinator at Andover requires specific information from you to prepare and issue your Form I-20. To help you prepare, I suggest reviewing the following outline, which outlines the types of information and documents you will need to provide and upload.
Section 1: Biographical Information
- Personal information (student's full legal name, birth date, city of birth, country of citizenship)
- Contact information (student's foreign address, foreign telephone, email address)
- Copy of student's passport
Section 2: Financial Information
- Funding information (proof of personal funds (i.e., bank letter), government award/scholarship letter)
Section 3: F-1 Status and Form I-20 Information (if applicable)
- Current U.S. school contact information (school name, address)
Section 4: Academic Summer Study Plans (if applicable)
- Information on whether or not the student plans to enroll in an academic summer program (program start/end date, summer program name, address, phone number, email address)
Section 5: Electronic Signature
- Electronic signature of parent/guardian
Congratulations again on your acceptance to Phillips Academy, and please be in touch if you have any questions or concerns.
International Student Coordinator