In order to be eligible for Hope Grant Funds, a student must:
1. Be an undergraduate
2. Be attending class at UMary's main campus
3. Be registered for classes during the term when the hardship occurred
4. Have an expected family contribution of $12,000 or less as determined by completing a free application for federal student aid (FAFSA)
5. Not have previously received Dash or Hope Grant funds through UMary
6. Be applying for a qualifying emergency.
The following expenses are eligible and are considered a qualifying emergency: Child care, food/meals, gas, housing/rent, medical/dental/vision expenses, personal automobile expenses, public transportation, and utilities. Hardships that do not fit into one of these categories still may be eligible for Hope Grant funds subject to a review by the UMary Hope Grant Committee.
The following expenses are ineligible and will disqualify applicants: parking, fines, tuition, textbooks, required tools/equipment/supplies for your program of study, entertainment expenses, and alcohol/tobacco