APPLICATION CLOSES: EXTENDED to March 17, 2021
This SHRM Foundation award is named in honor of Michael R. Losey, who served the HR profession for more than 45 years, retired as president and CEO of SHRM in 2000, and is the author of Touching People's Lives: Leaders, Sorry or Joy (SHRM, 2017).
A single award of $50,000 is presented annually during SHRM's Volunteer Leader Business Meeting. The SHRM Foundation encourages nominations of academics with a significant body of work in the field of HR research.
The award recognizes significant past and ongoing contributions to HR research. To be eligible, the nominee must engage with the HR practitioner community, and provide a portfolio of work that reflects a variety of research outputs, including substantial or sole contributions to books, chapters in books, and articles in refereed journals such as:
- Human Resource Management (HRMJ)
- Journal of Management (JOM)
- Journal of Applied Psychology (JAP)
- Academy of Management Journal (AMJ)
- Personnel Psychology (PP)
How to Apply
A complete nomination package must include a current detailed CV or resume and a nomination letter of no more than two pages in length that includes:
- A summary of the nominee's significant past and continuing research contributions related to the HR profession, including the focal point of the nominee's research
- A description detailing why the individual is being nominated
- A complete list of all publications and significant speaking engagements
- A statement that highlights the nominee's work with HR practitioners
- An individual may submit or co-sign the nomination of more than one candidate.
- This award is open to those who meet the eligibility requirements, with the exception of current SHRM and SHRM Foundation Board members, and members of SHRM volunteer panels.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted. Although an individual cannot nominate him/herself or submit his/her own nomination package, any other individual may nominate someone who meets the eligibility criteria.
- Only an individual from the chapter may nominate any person who meets the eligibility requirements.
Please complete the information below to nominate a qualified applicant for the Michael R. Losey Excellence in HR award.
Note: The SHRM Foundation does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, national origin or citizenship in the administration of its scholarship programs. We are requesting demographic information to ensure fairness within our selection process and provide applicants with the best possible experience. Your information will not be shared with other entities without your permission
If you have questions about your SHRM Foundation certification scholarship, please email LoseyAward@shrm.org.