1. Incomplete submissions and/or late submissions will not be reviewed. This includes a full slate of speakers with complete contact information for each speaker.
2. Presenters selected will be contacted by email in mid July.
3. Presenters may not use any conference presentation to market products or services; exhibit space is available to NRHA services corporation partners for that purpose.
4. If accepted, presenters must register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee. As a small gesture of our appreciation for the labor in preparing your presentation, NRHA will offer a limited-time 50% discount on the speaker registration fee if received by the early registration deadline.
To receive the speaker discount, contracted speakers will be sent a special link or code by Donna Douglas. This link/code is non-transferable. NRHA speakers are contracted through Donna Douglas, and no one other than the selected speakers will receive a registration discount. If a speaker must cancel, registration penalties apply. Cancellations made at least three weeks prior to the event will be charged a 30% administrative fee. No refunds for cancellations are possible after this date.
5. A complete slate of speakers is requested at the time an abstract is submitted. No speaker changes may be made after August 1, and no speakers will be contracted through NRHA after that date. If a contracted speaker wishes to add personnel to contribute to his/her session, they must be enlisted as panelists, and will not receive any registration discounts or other benefits of speakers. Personnel enlisted at the pleasure of speakers and not contracted through NRHA by August 1, may not be listed in the printed or mobile application programs and must register for the conference through the NRHA website.
6. No honoraria or travel expense reimbursement will be provided for any presenter submitting through the "Call for Presentations." It is the presenter's responsibility to make hotel arrangements. NRHA encourages presenters to do so by the NRHA early hotel reservation deadline to secure discount rates and best availability.
7. Speaker Duties: In connection with the performance of work under this agreement, the speaker agrees not to discriminate against any person because of age, race, religion, gender, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
The speaker, his/her officers, agents and employees (if applicable) in the performance of this agreement shall act in the capacity of an independent speaker and not as an officer, employee or agent of the National Rural Health Association. As such, the parties will each be responsible for their own acts and negligence as determined by law.
The National Rural Health Association agrees to hold harmless the speaker, and the speaker agrees to hold harmless the NRHA, their respective officers, agents and employees from any loss, claim, damage or liability of any kind arising out of or in connection with or occurring during the course of this agreement where such liability is founded upon or grows out of the acts or omissions of any of the officers, employees or agents of either party.
Speakers who intend to use PowerPoint presentations must adhere to the following:
- The speaker agrees to provide NRHA an electronic version of their presentation for online attendee access, in either Microsoft PowerPoint or Adobe PDF version, by close of business Sept. 3. Presentations are to be sent to Donna Douglas (ddouglas@NRHArural.org). NRHA is not responsible for any e-mails received after Sept. 3.
- Edits to submitted presentations may only be made after the conference by e-mailing Donna Douglas. Edited presentations will be accepted only between Sept. 23-25.
- Concurrent session speakers must bring their presentations loaded on a personal laptop computer along with a back-up copy on a flash drive. Make sure your laptop has a VGA or HDMI output port. If your presentation includes an embedded video, be sure to include the files on your back-up flash drive copy. If your presentation includes an embedded video from an online source, we recommend downloading the video to your computer prior to the conference and following the directions above to ensure it is available during your presentation.
- A computer will be provided for general session speakers, who also must bring a back-up flash drive copy. If your presentation includes an embedded video, be sure to send the video files to NRHA when you send your presentation and include the files on your back-up flash drive copy. If your presentation includes an embedded video from an online source, we recommend downloading the video to your computer prior to the conference and following the directions above to ensure it is available during your general session presentation.
- Speakers are encouraged to bring printed handouts for their presentations. NRHA will not be responsible for any copies made.
- If speakers bring books or materials to distribute, they must make provision for the collection and return shipping of any remaining books or materials. Anything left in the meeting room will be discarded.
- Bios received after Aug. 1 for any additional panelists added to a session will be the responsibility of the other speakers in the session to obtain and bring to the session.
The National Rural Health Association reserves the right to publish PowerPoint slides from any presentation that uses PowerPoint at the Rural Health Clinic and Critical Access Hospital conferences.
Speakers are required to be at the place of performance 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time of commencement.
8. Sessions are 75 minutes in length, unless otherwise indicated.
9. Wi-Fi may or may not be available in concurrent session rooms. Wi-Fi must be requested by the presenter directly to the host hotel. Fees may apply.
10. Publicity Clearance, Permission to Print, Disclosure of Financial Relationships and Authorizations.
Type of consent: Speakers authorize NRHA and/or any organization cleared and approved by the National Rural Health Association to take and use names, interviews, quotations, stories, photographs, video recordings and voice recordings in any way deemed as appropriate by NRHA.
Purpose of consent:Speakers surrender and waive all claims against NRHA and against any such cleared and approved purposes including publications, internet, electronic and social media, television, newspapers, radio, lectures and display boards.
Speakers grant permission royalty free to the NRHA to reproduce for sale, separately or as a part of a booklet or CD, edited, or verbatim, the presentation delivered by speakers no later than Sept. 3, 2019.
Speakers understand that if NRHA decides to publish manuscripts, the speaker will be responsible for obtaining permission to use excerpts from other published material quoted in the manuscript.
The National Rural Health Association (NRHA) requires the following disclosures for all NRHA Continuing Medical Education activities:
The existence of any significant financial interest or other relationship a speaker has with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or providers of commercial services discussed in this educational presentation shall be disclosed in brief statements or in conference materials such as brochures, syllabi, exhibits, poster sessions, and in post meeting publications.
Disclosure when an unlabeled use of a commercial product, or an investigational use not yet approved for any purpose, is discussed during an educational activity. Failure to disclose or false disclosure by the speaker may require the NRHA to identify a replacement for participation.
The media authorization will remain in effect in perpetuity. News stories may be rebroadcast or reprinted by other media outlets. All rights, interest or claims for payment in connection with any exhibition or release of this information will be waived. Your submission of an abstract indicates your understanding of all information included on this form and constitutes release of National Rural Health Association and its employees from any and all liability connected with use or disclosure of this information. This agreement will be construed according to the laws of the state of Kansas. This speaker agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. This agreement may be modified or amended only in writing signed by the parties hereto. This agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto, their successors and assigns.
Speakers agree to comply with National Rural Health Association’s policy on products or services, printing, publicity, presentation submissions and full disclosure for the Rural Health Clinic and/or Critical Access Hospital conferences.