Health Equity Conference
May 6 & 7, 2024
New Orleans, LA
Concurrent Session Submission Deadline: December 7, 2023
Poster Submission Deadline: February 8, 2024
Submission and General Information:
1. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
2. Please specify session format, track and topic.
3. Presenters may not use any conference presentation to market products or services; display table is available for that purpose.
4. If accepted, presenters must register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee. As a small gesture of our appreciation for the labor in preparing your presentation, NRHA will offer a limited-time discount on your registration fee. If you register and pay in full by the early-bird deadline, you will receive a 50% discount on your registration fee. All registrations received after this deadline will be charged the full registration rate.
In addition, no honoraria or travel expense reimbursement will be provided for any presenter submitting through the "Call for Presentations"
5. The standard audio/visual equipment provided by NHRA includes projectors and screens, and podium microphones. Speakers will bring their own computers for powerpoint presentations. TV/VCRs, phone lines, internet connections, or other equipment will NOT be provided. If needed, it will be the responsibility of the presenter(s) to make arrangements and provide payment for such equipment. Presenters must also bring a back-up copy of his/her presentation on a flash drive.
6. Sessions are 75 minutes in length.
7. Presentations not submitted through this form will not be considered.
NRHA Submission Peer Review Process:
To bring quality presentations to NRHA conferences, the NRHA uses a peer review process to evaluate proposals to present at conferences. This process starts when a request for proposals is sent out to stakeholders, professional bodies, and institutions and individuals who have previously expressed interest in presenting at a NRHA conference. Presentation proposals received by the NRHA by a designated date are reviewed for conference appropriateness prior to being aggregated and sent out to members of the conference committee consisting of elected council members. The conference committee members individually review the proposal descriptions and scores them based on criteria established by the conference committee. These scores are then sent back to the NRHA for tabulation. Presentation proposal scores are then averaged with top rated presentations being accepted for the conference. Proposal rating criteria includes; but is not limited to, how the session relates to rural, clearly stated objectives, how it addresses Health Equity, how it addresses social determinants of health, and current relevance.
When council members present presentations, scores they submit for their presentations are not included in the averaging process.
Conflicts of interest must be disclosed when submitting presentation proposals.
Please contact Ally Zimmerman via email at email@example.com.