1. Incomplete submissions and/or late submissions will not be reviewed. For a Symposium proposal, this includes a full slate of speakers with complete contact information for each speaker.
2. Presenters selected will be contacted by email in May/June 2019.
3. Presenters may not use any conference presentation to market products or services; exhibit space is available to WONCA exhibitors for that purpose.
4. If accepted, presenters must register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee. As a small gesture of our appreciation for the labor in preparing your presentation, WONCA will offer a limited-time 50% discount for session speakers if they register by the early deadline, August 30, 2019.
5. No honoraria or travel expense reimbursement will be provided for any presenter submitting through the "Request for Submissions." It is the presenter's responsibility to make hotel arrangements. WONCA encourages presenters to do so by the WONCA early hotel reservation deadline to secure discount rates and best availability.
6. Speaker's Duties:
The speaker agrees to provide WONCA an electronic version of their presentation, in either Microsoft PowerPoint or Adobe PDF version, by close of business September 15, 2019 and to bring a backup electronic copy as mentioned above. If selected, you will receive additional instructions for sending your presentation to conference coordinators. All presentations will be pre-loaded onto a computer and conference app for each session. Please note Wi-Fi will be available in the conference venue.
Edits to submitted presentations may be made after the conference by sending updated presentations to the conference coordinators. Edited presentations will be accepted until November 1. 2019.
Speakers are encouraged to bring printed handouts for their presentations. WONCA will not be responsible for making copies.
Speakers are required to be at their session location 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time of commencement.
7. Publicity Clearance, Permission to Print, Disclosure of Financial Relationships and Authorizations.
Type of consent: Speakers authorize WONCA and/or any organization cleared and approved by WONCA to take and use names, interviews, quotations, stories, photographs, video recordings and voice recordings in any way deemed as appropriate by WONCA.
Purpose of consent:Speakers surrender and waive all claims against WONCA and against any such cleared and approved purposes including publications, internet, electronic and social media, television, newspapers, radio, lectures and display boards.
Speakers grant permission royalty free to the WONCA to reproduce for sale, separately or as a part of a booklet or CD, edited, or verbatim, the presentation, including the powerpoint slides.
Speakers understand that if WONCA decides to publish manuscripts, the speaker will be responsible for obtaining permission to use excerpts from other published material quoted in the manuscript.
WONCA requires the following disclosures for all WONCA Continuing Medical Education activities:
The existence of any significant financial interest or other relationship a speaker has with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or providers of commercial services discussed in this educational presentation shall be disclosed in brief statements or in conference materials such as brochures, syllabi, exhibits, poster sessions, and in post meeting publications.
Disclosure when an unlabeled use of a commercial product, or an investigational use not yet approved for any purpose, is discussed during an educational activity. Failure to disclose or false disclosure by the speaker may require the WONCA to identify a replacement for participation.
The media authorization will remain in effect in perpetuity. News stories may be rebroadcast or reprinted by other media outlets. All rights, interest or claims for payment in connection with any exhibition or release of this information will be waived. Your submission of an abstract indicates your understanding of all information included on this form and constitutes release of WONCA and its employees from any and all liability connected with use or disclosure of this information. This agreement will be construed according to the laws of the state of North Dakota. This speaker agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. This agreement may be modified or amended only in writing signed by the parties hereto. This agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto, their successors and assigns.
Speakers agree to comply with WONCA's policy on products or services, printing, publicity, presentation submissions and full disclosure for the World Rural Health Conference.
8. Additonal Guidelines: In connection with the performance of work under this agreement, the speaker agrees not to discriminate against any person because of age, race, religion, gender, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
The speaker, his/her officers, agents and employees (if applicable) in the performance of this agreement shall act in the capacity of an independent speaker and not as an officer, employee or agent of WONCA. As such, the parties will each be responsible for their own acts and negligence as determined by law.
WONCA agrees to hold harmless the speaker, and the speaker agrees to hold harmless WONCA, their respective officers, agents and employees from any loss, claim, damage or liability of any kind arising out of or in connection with or occurring during the course of this agreement where such liability is founded upon or grows out of the acts or omissions of any of the officers, employees or agents of either party.