Apply to the Business Administration Bootcamp
Program Dates: November 9 - December 22, 2017
Schedule: Orientation: Thursday, November 9
Week 1: Monday-Friday (10am-5pm)Weeks 2-5: 3 days/week (10am-5pm)
Location: The Stride Center, 1212 Broadway, Suite 400, Oakland, CA, 94612
Are you ready for a full-time office job, but lack some computer skills?
Have you been out of work for six months or more?
Are you working, but getting paid a lot less than you have in the past?
Are you ready to put in the work to get back to work?
If so, you may be a great fit for JVS's free Business Administration Bootcamp!
Bootcamp gives you what you need to get the job, including:
• A fresh job search and networking strategy
• A powerful personal brand that includes your resume, LinkedIn profile, interview skills, and elevator pitch
• Positive mindset practices to help re-frame your thinking during your job search
• Money management training
• A friendly group of fellow job seekers to share learning, resources and support
• Employer panels, presentations and mock interviews to give you useful information about real jobs
• Ongoing job search support until you are employed
• Access to different skill-building training that can help you advance your career, including sessions on Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and QuickBooks
- Begin this application to determine your eligibility.
- All eligible applications are personally reviewed.
- Qualified applicants will be contacted by phone and may be invited to an in-person group activity at the Stride Center.
- If you advance after the group activity, you will be invited to participate in the, in-person, computerized lottery process at the Stride Center. This process randomly accepts 50% of applicants and randomly declines 50% of applicants. Your application and interview have no bearing on lottery results. Veterans are exempt from the lottery. Click here to read Frequently Asked Questions about the lottery.
- Those who are randomly assigned through the lottery will begin the program with orientation on Friday, August 11th.
Salesforce Administrator Training
Required Orientation: October 13, 2017 (1:30-4:30pm) Class Duration: October 16-February 9, 2018 (4 months) 9:30AM-4PM Week 1: October 16-20, Monday-Friday 9:30AM-4PM
Weeks 2-16: October 23-February 9, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9:30am – 4pm (schedule adjusted around holidays)
Location: JVS San Francisco 225 Bush Street,
Suite 400 – West Lobby
Start your application at the bottom of this page.
Revitalize your technology skill set and translate your professional experience for today’s market. JVS is teaming up with Salesforce to give you everything you need to pass the globally recognized Salesforce Administrator Certification Exam and secure one of the most in-demand positions in tech. This course combines in-class instruction, hands-on project-based learning and preparation for the Salesforce Administrator Certification Exam. Our business analysis training focuses on internal stakeholder communication and will set you apart from other Salesforce Administrators.
Basic Eligibility: Unemployed or underemployed (preferably for 6 months or more), 18 years old or older, high school diploma or GED, authorized to work in the US, English literacy, 6 months or more of relevant volunteer or work experience in a related field (examples may include business administration, sales, project management, business analysis/process work, technology, specialized industry, nonprofit)
To begin, click “continue” below to fill out a short, 15-minute application. Eligible applicants will receive a follow-up phone call within 2 weeks
For more information, see our calendar for a list of information sessions.
JVS (Jewish Vocational Service) helps people build in-demand skills, make connections and find jobs to transform their lives – at no cost.
Lottery Process: This free program is funded by the federal government. The primary goal is to help people improve their skills, and find and keep jobs. In order to learn what works, the federal government is conducting a study requiring every eligible person to be selected through a lottery system. Those not selected through the lottery will not be able to participate in this program, but will be able to enroll in any other JVS services or programs for which they are eligible. Click here to read Frequently Asked Questions about the lottery.
Your application and interview have no bearing on the lottery results. Veterans are exempt from the lottery.