Program Dates: November 9 - December 22, 2017
Schedule: Orientation: Thursday, November 9
Week 1: Monday-Friday (10am-5pm)Weeks 2-5: M, W, F (10am-5pm)
Location: The Stride Center, 1212 Broadway, Suite 400, Oakland, CA, 94612
Are you ready for a full-time office job, but lack some computer skills?
Are you working, but getting paid a lot less than you have in the past?
Are you ready to put in the work to get back to work?
If so, you may be a great fit for JVS's free Business Administration Bootcamp!
Bootcamp gives you what you need to get the job, including:
• A fresh job search and networking strategy
• A powerful personal brand that includes your resume, LinkedIn profile, interview skills, and elevator pitch
• Positive mindset practices to help re-frame your thinking during your job search
• Money management training
• A friendly group of fellow job seekers to share learning, resources and support
• Employer panels, presentations and mock interviews to give you useful information about real jobs
• Ongoing job search support until you are employed
• Access to different skill-building training that can help you advance your career, including sessions on Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
• High School Diploma or GED
• Age 18 or older
• Eligible to work in the US
• Unemployed or underemployed
• 1+years working/volunteer experience in any field
- Begin this application to determine your eligibility.
- All eligible applications are personally reviewed.
- Qualified applicants will be contacted by phone and may be invited to an in-person group activity at the Stride Center.
- If you advance after the group activity, you will be invited to participate in the, in-person, computerized lottery process at the Stride Center. This process randomly accepts 50% of applicants and randomly declines 50% of applicants. Your application and interview have no bearing on lottery results. Veterans are exempt from the lottery. Click here to read Frequently Asked Questions about the lottery.
- Those who are randomly assigned through the lottery will begin the program with orientation on Friday, August 11th.