Program Dates: February 27 - March 30, 2017
Schedule: Monday-Friday for the first week (10am-4pm); Monday-Wednesday-Thursday for the following weeks (10am-6pm on Mondays and Wednesdays; 10am-4:30pm on Thursdays)
Location: San Pablo Community Center, 2450 Road 20, San Pablo, CA 94806
Are you ready for a full-time office job, but lack some computer skills?
Have you been out of work for six months or more?
Are you working, but getting paid a lot less than you have in the past?
Are you ready to put in the work to get back to work?
If so, you may be a great fit for JVS's free Business Administration Bootcamp!
Interested in learning more?
Attend a free Information Session on February 7. Each session will be held from 5:00-6:30pm at the San Pablo Economic Development Corporation, 13830 San Pablo Avenue, San Pablo, CA. The session will include an hour-long workshop on "Why You're Awesome: How to Tell Your Story." By the end of the session, you will have a clear idea on how to develop a compelling story that highlights a work-related task that you’re proud of or a situation where you went above and beyond your responsibilities. JVS staff will be onsite to help you start filling out your application for Bootcamp.
Bootcamp gives you what you need to get the job, including:
• A fresh job search and networking strategy
• A powerful personal brand that includes your resume, LinkedIn profile, interview skills, and elevator pitch
• Positive mindset practices to help re-frame your thinking during your job search
• Money management training
• A friendly group of fellow job seekers to share learning, resources and support
• Employer panels, presentations and mock interviews to give you useful information about real jobs
• Ongoing job search support until you are employed
• Access to different skill-building training that can help you advance your career, including sessions on Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and QuickBooks
- Begin this application to determine your eligibility.
- All eligible applications are personally reviewed.
- Qualified applicants will be contacted for an in-person interview in San Pablo.
- If you advance after your interview, you will be invited to participate in the quick, in-person, computerized lottery process in San Pablo. This process randomly accepts 50% of applicants and randomly declines 50% of applicants. Your application and interview have no bearing on lottery results. Veterans are exempt from the lottery. Click here to read Frequently Asked Questions about the lottery.
- Those who are randomly assigned through the lottery will begin the program with orientation on Friday, February 24, 2017.