Program Duration: June 1st to August 28th, 2020
Location: South Bay Water & Waste/Water Agencies (Specific sites TBD)
Are you interested in hands-on work? Are you enrolled at a community college trades program? Get some experience with this PAID Summer Internship program. Students who are interested in water sector jobs are encouraged to apply.
This program provides:
- Paid internship for 20-40 hours/week at Water/Wastewater Agencies in the South Bay
- Assistance with transportation and safety equipment costs
- Post-internship job placement services & referrals to job openings with Bay Area agencies
- Referral to local apprenticeship and civil service testing opportunities
- Age 18 or older
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license
- Access to a vehicle
- Enrolled in a community college trades program related to maintenance and operations at a water facility, such as Water Resources Management, Machine Tool Tech, Electronic Systems Tech, and Automotive Technology
- Interest in water agency jobs
- Proof of Select Services registration (males only)
- Fill out the online application
- Eligible applicants with complete applications will be invited to an in-person interview
- Selected candidates must attend a mandatory orientation
Application Deadline: April 17th, 2020 at Midnight.