SUGGESTED DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 20, 2020
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING
- ALL trips will depart from the host hotels, location to be determined.
- Be specific in describing the route of the trip--this will be used in determining the cost of transportation and will also be a reference for AAG Conference Management.
- Include information regarding special attire or gear requirements (raingear, hiking boots, drinking water, etc.) and any strenuous physical activities.
- If lunch at a restaurant will be part of the trip, include the name, address, phone number, and contact person of the establishment along with the per person cost.
- Include as many expenses as possible in the basic fee. Trip descriptions should be specific about what is and is not covered in the fee. Final costs will be determined by AAG Conference Management and communicated to organizer before publishing the trip.
- The trip will be budgeted to cover expenses for up to three leaders/organizers. Additional leaders must pay for meals, lodging, transportation, etc. The AAG will not reimburse for travel expenses related to meeting attendance, nor the meeting registration fee. Travel and per diem for field trip organizers are not allowable expenses. AAG will only reimburse for expenses directly related to the field trip and during the trip dates.
- Organizers are responsible for making all arrangements and providing registrants with all materials needed on the field trip.
- In order to obtain firm bids on costs, organizers should make all initial contacts with restaurants, passenger vessels, etc. (with the exception of bus and driver - the AAG will contract bus transportation when required).
- Reimbursement requests must be made in writing to the AAG office and received no later than 30 days after the field trip or site visit is completed. Original receipts for all expenditures are required for reimbursement.
- AAG is unable to reimburse for expenses not submitted in advance on the budget worksheet.
- The AAG office will coordinate field trip registration and fee collection. Names and addresses of trip registrants will be available one month before the conference. Please note that if your field trip is not filled at that time, on-site registrants may be added.
- Please keep in mind that cost-effective trips tend to be the most popular, and low attendence may lead to cancellation.
- All contracts must be signed by the AAG.
NOTE: In keeping with the AAG's effort to promote the fair and equal treatment of members, field trips organized by AAG members or specialty groups at the Annual Meeting will, as a rule, be open to all members. In instances where a member or specialty group wishes to organize a field trip that explicitly excludes any group of AAG members, the organizer will petition the AAG Council for an exception to this policy by the date when field trip proposals are due. If Council grants the exception, notice will be given in the AAG Newsletter, along with an explanation of the reason for the exception. Please keep this rule of open access in mind as you organize your field trip.