The Society Committee on Education (SOCED) Undergraduate Programs Advisory Board has established a set of guidelines to ensure a safe event. Only activities meeting the following criteria will be allowed.
• Only HOUSEHOLD CHEMICALS may be used
• No toxic materials, including household products, may be used
• No open flames may be used
• No toxic fumes or gases may be generated
• No liquid nitrogen or dry ice may be used
• No tasting or encouraging others to taste items
• No demonstrations or activities that put the human body in danger
• Safety goggles and gloves must be worn by each participants and volunteers from the audience for all tactile demonstrations
• Electrical apparatus (such as heat plates and stir plates) must be in good working order Faculty advisors are asked to ensure that all demonstrations follows the Safety Guidelines set by the Division of Chemical Education.