The Society Committee on Education (SOCED) Undergraduate Programs Advisory Board has established a set of guidelines to ensure a safe event. Only activities meeting the following criteria will be allowed.
• Only HOUSEHOLD CHEMICALS may be used
• No toxic materials, including household products, may be used
• No open flames may be used
• No toxic fumes or gases may be generated
• No liquid nitrogen or dry ice may be used
• No tasting or encouraging others to taste items
• No demonstrations or activities that put the human body in danger
• Safety goggles must be worn by each participant and viewer
• Gloves must be worn by both participants and volunteers from the audience for all tactile demonstrations
• Electrical apparatus (such as heat plates and stir plates) must be in good working order
Faculty advisors are asked to ensure that all demonstrations follow these guidelines.